June 27, 2013

Eve Online Market Watch: 2013 Q2 Report

A quick look at key indicators shows general market sentiments over the past three months during quarter 2. First and most notable PLEX markets continue there up and down trends. While falling for most of the first half of the quarter due to CCP's original PLEX Intervention back at the end of 2012 as the Odyssey patch neared PLEX prices began to rise. Nearly one month after the expansion PLEX prices have begun to level off and are trending towards the 500 million mark. Several factors that should be taken into consideration on the PLEX market at current is the change to allow duel character training on one account using PLEX and also the fact that the PLEX market is in fact regulated by CCP.


Mineral prices have continued to drop despit the recent patch. I don't know if everyone was busy buying up ice or not but mineral prices across the board have seen a downward trend. Any indicators of ISK inflation seem contary to the lower prices of minerals. In my opinion, watching some ship prices stay the same or even rise as the mineral costs lower shows that traders and manufacturers are the ones profiting while buyers are complaining that their isk is under valued and supposedly inflated.

The economy is shifting rapidly currently and I feel this is a good change. Moon changes are having huge economical and manufacturing impacts. With less Ice mining to be had the general stentment on the forums seems to be more players mining asteroids. Which may account for the current drop in mineral prices.

I have also noticed a subtle drop in manufacturing or at least trade in the markets I actively trade in, namely T1 ships, T1 modules and implants. Are people busy building and trading other things? Out exploring with the new changes in Odyssey? My thought was a lot of trade and manufacturing alts have gone silent as players are busy fighting the conflict in Fountain.

My Quarter 2 Investment Report:
On to my own investments, at the start of the quarter I shifted all my assets out of manufacturing and into implants. I kept them there for about a month earning around a 10% return on investment. At the start of May I had reached my goal of 2 billion isk and began Operation: Obelisk. With nearly all my assets going toward the project my play time slowed down and not much happened in the way of trade. Things picked up again as I finished my Obelisk right as the Odyssey patch was released. In anticipation of having a dedicated hauler I had been researching and preparing BPOs for the past four months mostly in T1 ships. With my production lines all coming up to full out put and having my own freighter to move the minerals and finished goods I have been able to make almost 60% return on investment for several ship lines and 20% on all others.

I started out about five months ago looking for a way to start building ships. I spent hours running numbers and I just couldn't figure out how people were building ships and making any profit. Well after some careful planning, including months of skill training, over 10 billion in items traded. and very selective ship choices I can say I am building T1 ships and taking home a profit.

In other investments, I have built up a pretty strong PI production system. I have 10 planets on two characters running twenty four seven. With my initial set up using my same intermediate PI guide as a template. I have been making around 30 to 40 million a planet per month. I am in the initial testing stages of setting up a new PI system that will double the isk output from the old one. Using the same skills and with a bit more initial investment required hopefully I will have a full write up of that when I am done.

While I am planning to take a break over July from Eve, I am planning on taking profits from my manufacturing lines to invest in both new BPO research for bigger projects in the coming months and then also invest in the implant market which sees continued strong trading.

<< Read 2013 Q1 Report

0 comments:

Post a Comment