August 22, 2014

You've got to hand it to CCP

You got to hand it to CCP. This new release schedule is really shaping up. Even if you don't like the industry changes or have anything to do with wormhole space you can't help but be impressed at the rate they are rolling out patches. Again it will be interesting to see if they can keep up the cycle and see how they market these patches.

Again even if your particular favorite piece of the Eve pie hasn't been looked at chances are good that every six weeks it might get a kick in the old nerf pants or buffed to be bananas. Either way CCP has got my attention I hope they keep it up, I hope new players get in-game and start finding corners of new Eden to call their own.

Let me know what you think of the new release cycle and if your still playing this game or if it's still playing you?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous27.8.14

    Because signing is is tedius, I'm going anon - however, my toon's name is Noxisia Arkana.

    Anyway, the majority of the content they've created in their last two patches has caused about 1/10 of the long term players that I know to say screw it.

    The majority of their WH expansion was unwanted and unasked for by the wormhole community. After spending 3 hours yesterday after the patch, people were either pissed, disappointed, or resigned to the changes. Generally, when I see 'expansion' or 'new content' I would at least hope the community have it a luke warm reception.

    Honestly, the subscribership is way down and these releases are things that should have happened in the background as they added more content (ui changes, graphic upgrades, ship/incursion rebalancing?) - these are the broth and background of patch notes - not a 2 year journey; not the meat and potatoes of the stew - so to speak.

    Anyway, the game is playing me - but I will continue to game on - because it sucks less than anything else out there.

    -Nox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit it right on the head Nox, I won't speak for everyone but I definitely feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete